Re: guru needed -- diagnosing configure problems on Win32

Subject: Re: guru needed -- diagnosing configure problems on Win32
From: Thomas Briggs (tom@sane.com)
Date: Fri Jan 28 2000 - 11:33:42 CST

   I ran into the same error that Bob did, and the problem for me turned out
to be that /bin/sh.exe was tcsh, not bash. Once I copied bash.exe from the
cygnus bin directory to /bin/sh.exe libiconv built fine. If that doesn't
turn out to be the problem, try running "libiconv/autoconf/config.sub sun4"
manually and see what the error is. configure in the libiconv directory is
failing because libiconv/autoconf/config.sub isn't executing correctly.
Figuring out why is easiest when you can see the error. :)

   I'm running into another problem now though. I'm getting "Cannot open
include file 'iconv.h'" when compiling ev_Win32Keyboard.cpp. I think I've
seen something about this somewhere on the list before, but I can't remember
what the answer was. Anybody care to refresh my memory?

   -Tom