Re: guru needed -- diagnosing configure problems on Win32

Subject: Re: guru needed -- diagnosing configure problems on Win32
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Fri Jan 28 2000 - 12:06:30 CST

At 12:33 PM 1/28/00 -0500, Thomas Briggs wrote:
> I ran into the same error that Bob did, and the problem for me turned out
>to be that /bin/sh.exe was tcsh, not bash. Once I copied bash.exe from the
>cygnus bin directory to /bin/sh.exe libiconv built fine.

Bingo. Definitely try this and see if it helps. I'm pretty sure Jeff got
me to do this in the past to deal with some other problem, so this might be
the relevant difference.

This is an annoying workaround, and I'd love to be able to build with a
stock CygWin install, but dealing with the interactions between shells and
scripts is not my cup of tea. If someone's got a better solution, don't be
shy. :-)

>If that doesn't
>turn out to be the problem, try running "libiconv/autoconf/config.sub sun4"
>manually and see what the error is. configure in the libiconv directory is
>failing because libiconv/autoconf/config.sub isn't executing correctly.
>Figuring out why is easiest when you can see the error. :)

Thanks for the debugging suggestion.

> I'm running into another problem now though. I'm getting "Cannot open
>include file 'iconv.h'" when compiling ev_Win32Keyboard.cpp. I think I've
>seen something about this somewhere on the list before, but I can't remember
>what the answer was. Anybody care to refresh my memory?

Henrik?

Paul