RE: overwrite mode (was Re: New Insert Date and Time Patch)

Subject: RE: overwrite mode (was Re: New Insert Date and Time Patch)
From: Alexey Sinutin (megabyte@salesexplosion.com)
Date: Sat Jan 29 2000 - 04:54:05 CST

Hello!

> How complete an implementation were you thinking of? Were
> you planning to
> do all of the following?
>
> 1. add a new keybinding for the Ins key

yes, i'm going to do it.

> 2. add a non-persistent per-frame setting to remember when
> to overwrite

I did not think about it, but I'll do it.

> 3. add a new indicator pane on the status bar (to the left
> of "default")

yes, i'm going to do it.

> 4. honor that setting at the appropriate level

> PS: For hints on how to implement #1, 2, and 3, see the F12
> keybinding.

Thank you for hints.

BTW I cannot to compile Abi on my Win32 workstation. I downloaded libiconv
from libiconv's home page, placed it to the libiconv directory, tryed to
compile and got the following errors

make[5]: Makefile.abi: No such file or directory
make[5]: *** No rule to make target `Makefile.abi'. Stop.
make[4]: *** [_LIBICONV_] Error 2
make[3]: *** [build] Error 2
make[2]: *** [build] Error 2
make[1]: *** [build] Error 2
make: *** [compile] Error 2

I renamed the original Makefile.in file of libiconv to Makefile.abi and got
the following

Building with [LicensedTrademarks:Off Debug:Off].
Found libiconv in peer directory
Makefile.abi:18: *** missing separator. Stop.
make[4]: *** [_LIBICONV_] Error 2
make[3]: *** [build] Error 2
make[2]: *** [build] Error 2
make[1]: *** [build] Error 2