Commit: Beta version of Lists, Lists Dialog and bug fixes.

Subject: Commit: Beta version of Lists, Lists Dialog and bug fixes.
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2000 - 18:48:46 CDT

CVS:
CVS: Committing in .
CVS:
CVS: Modified Files:
CVS: src/af/util/unix/ut_dialogHelper.cpp
CVS: src/af/util/unix/ut_dialogHelper.h
CVS: src/af/xap/xp/xap_String_Id.h src/text/fmt/xp/Makefile
CVS: src/text/fmt/xp/fl_BlockLayout.cpp
CVS: src/text/fmt/xp/fl_BlockLayout.h
CVS: src/text/fmt/xp/fl_DocListener.cpp src/text/fmt/xp/fl_Layout.h
CVS: src/text/fmt/xp/fl_SectionLayout.cpp
CVS: src/text/fmt/xp/fp_Fields.h src/text/fmt/xp/fp_Run.cpp
CVS: src/text/fmt/xp/fp_Run.h src/text/fmt/xp/fp_TextRun.cpp
CVS: src/text/fmt/xp/fv_View.cpp src/text/fmt/xp/fv_View.h
CVS: src/text/ptbl/xp/pp_Property.cpp
CVS: src/text/ptbl/xp/pt_PT_Styles.cpp src/text/ptbl/xp/pt_Types.h
CVS: src/wp/ap/Makefile src/wp/ap/beos/Makefile
CVS: src/wp/ap/mac/Makefile src/wp/ap/qnx/Makefile
CVS: src/wp/ap/unix/Makefile
CVS: src/wp/ap/unix/ap_UnixDialogFactory.cpp
CVS: src/wp/ap/unix/ap_UnixDialog_All.h
CVS: src/wp/ap/unix/ap_UnixDialog_Goto.cpp
CVS: src/wp/ap/unix/ap_UnixDialog_Goto.h
CVS: src/wp/ap/unix/ap_UnixDialog_WordCount.cpp
CVS: src/wp/ap/win/Makefile src/wp/ap/xp/Makefile
CVS: src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Dialog_Id.h src/wp/ap/xp/ap_EditMethods.cpp
CVS: src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Menu_LabelSet_en-US.h
CVS: src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Menu_Layouts_MainMenu.h
CVS: src/wp/ap/xp/ap_String_Id.h
CVS: Added Files:
CVS: src/text/fmt/xp/fl_AutoNum.cpp src/text/fmt/xp/fl_AutoNum.h
CVS: src/wp/ap/beos/ap_BeOSDialog_Lists.cpp
CVS: src/wp/ap/beos/ap_BeOSDialog_Lists.h
CVS: src/wp/ap/mac/ap_MacDialog_Lists.cpp
CVS: src/wp/ap/mac/ap_MacDialog_Lists.h
CVS: src/wp/ap/qnx/ap_QNXDialog_Lists.cpp
CVS: src/wp/ap/qnx/ap_QNXDialog_Lists.h
CVS: src/wp/ap/unix/ap_UnixDialog_Lists.cpp
CVS: src/wp/ap/unix/ap_UnixDialog_Lists.h
CVS: src/wp/ap/win/ap_Win32Dialog_Lists.cpp
CVS: src/wp/ap/win/ap_Win32Dialog_Lists.h
CVS: src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Dialog_Lists.cpp
CVS: src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Dialog_Lists.h
CVS:

Beta version of Lists feature including a modeless dialog for Unix. The
guts of the code comes of Luke Jordan. I managed to fix some of the bugs
in his. There are still many bugs in the lists code however this patch
fixes bug 909 and may also fix bugs 907 and 908. The patch fixes the
insert symbol bug where inserting a symbol of different font wasn't gettng
passed into the document if text was selected.

The list code will only be invoked in debug builds since we use fields for
list labels. Bullets don't work at all right now. We really need better
unicode capabilities for this and/or to fix bug 924 so that standard
symbols display on Linux and Windows. Overwrite mode destroys this code
completely. I will rework the GUI a bit more but really we need the new
Fields framework and Unicode to finish Lists off.

There is a Modeless dialog to control the Lists behaviour. To get the
functionality I wanted I extended the framework a bit more by adding the
function connectModelessOther() to ut_unixdialoghelper.cpp. This function
runs another static function after doing its usual thing upon a focus
event to the dialog. I used this to update the dialog from the current
point in the view in question. In addition the dialog is automatically
updated every 0.5 seconds from the current view as long as the dialog is
running.

I've stubbed the Windows, Qnx, Beos and Mac builds and this might prevent
the build from breaking on these platforms. I will check tinderbox to see.

I wish I could say enjoy our new feature but until the Fields framework is
place it makes no sense to creat a document with lists in it. The document
won't load when the Fields framework is in place and frozen.

I'll keep working on this code and fix problems as I can and I will
certainly work integrate the code into the new Fields frameworks.

Cheers!

Martin