Re: Problems deleting a list

Subject: Re: Problems deleting a list
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Sun Jul 09 2000 - 09:26:50 CDT

On Sun, 9 Jul 2000, Aaron Lehmann wrote:

> I've been playing with lists a bit. The lists dialog is, no offense, kind
> of hideous. Would anyone mind if I cleaned it up a bit? I don't have much
> interest in lists though, so no promisses. Here's a bug report:

I'm still working on it and I would appreciate suggestions. Are we
talking major changes or various cosmetic fixes to make buttons look nicer
etc.? I promise not to be offended :-)

> (The following stuff has been logged as bug #936.)
>
> Create a list. Hold down backspace until the list is deleted. Press enter.
> A second list item is created, even though the first was deleted.
>
> -AND- (seperate but related problem follows)
>
> Create a list using the "Bullets and Numbers" dialog. Press enter several
> times to create more elements of the list. Then hold down backspace until
> all of the list items have been erased. Press return. I get:
>
> **** (1) Assert ****
> **** (1) (0) at fl_DocLayout.cpp:375 ****
> **** (1) Continue ? (y/n) [y] :
>
> **** (2) Assert ****
> **** (2) pBlock at fv_View.cpp:3977 ****
> **** (2) Continue ? (y/n) [y] :
> Segmentation fault

OK the first of many bugs that should be entered about lists in bugzilla.
I'll do my best to squash them.

Cheers

Martin