Re: Problems deleting a list

Subject: Re: Problems deleting a list
From: WJCarpenter (bill-abisource@carpenter.ORG)
Date: Sun Jul 09 2000 - 12:45:40 CDT

aaron> I've been playing with lists a bit. The lists dialog is, no
aaron> offense, kind of hideous. Would anyone mind if I cleaned it up

martin> I'm still working on it and I would appreciate suggestions.
martin> Are we talking major changes or various cosmetic fixes to make
martin> buttons look nicer etc.? I promise not to be offended :-)

I'm not sure that Aaron has in mind, but I have some small, general
input. After seeing the talk of work on lists, I thought I would try
them out. Believe it or not, it took me about 5 minutes or so to
figure out how to start doing a list. (I used the "try every submenu
of every menu" approach. I didn't use the "read the help files"
approach.) So, whatever happens with the dialog box design, it should
be made easier to find since lists are not uncommon.

(If there is a toolbar button that makes lists (which wouldn't
surprise me), that's great. I can't tell because I run at 800x600 in
a generic sort of kde theme, and not everything on the toolbar gets
displayed, even when Abiword is maximized. I don't know what buttons
are furthest right, but that is another general problem not
particularly related to lists.)