Re: Problems deleting a list

Subject: Re: Problems deleting a list
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Sun Jul 09 2000 - 13:19:28 CDT

On Sun, 9 Jul 2000, WJCarpenter wrote:

> I'm not sure that Aaron has in mind, but I have some small, general
> input. After seeing the talk of work on lists, I thought I would try
> them out. Believe it or not, it took me about 5 minutes or so to
> figure out how to start doing a list. (I used the "try every submenu
> of every menu" approach. I didn't use the "read the help files"
> approach.) So, whatever happens with the dialog box design, it should
> be made easier to find since lists are not uncommon.

There is no button right now because I was think of implementing two
buttons ala MS word which do a subset of the functionality in the Lists
dialog.

One button would be for numbered lists. Press the button and it stays down
and you've started a numbered list. Press the button again and the list
stops.

The other button would be for bullet lists that acts the same way.

I was thinking of placing them to the right of the zoom combo box in the
first tool bar. Do people think this is a good use of our limited
real-estate?

Cheers

Martin