Re: [RFH] Page Numbers, Listeners, and populateStrux

Subject: Re: [RFH] Page Numbers, Listeners, and populateStrux
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Fri Jul 14 2000 - 01:00:30 CDT

HI Sam,
        Given that stuff on the page can move and that many screen redraws
may occur as a page scrolls horizontally and vertically I think that you'd
want to redraw your page number when ever a screen update occurs. Given
this I think you do want to introduce a new document listener that is
included in the notifylistener() method to display the page number.

Of course you'd want to be clever and not execute a bunch of code unless
page numbers are active so you'd want some boolean member variable to give
you a rapid abort if no page numbers are required. This would not be much
extra overhead I think.

Cheers

Martin