Re: commit -- *please read* switch hash files from zip to gzip

Subject: Re: commit -- *please read* switch hash files from zip to gzip
From: Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Date: Thu Jul 20 2000 - 14:34:09 CDT

On Thu, 20 Jul 2000, Aaron Lehmann wrote:

> *NOTE* you will need to update the abidistfiles and abi moudles. Thanks
> for your attention.
>
> The 'unzip' tool is non-free. I do not want to have to install it just to
> install AbiWord. Since AbiWord is free software, it should depend on only
> free tools. I have converted the zip files to the popular GZip format.
> Therefore, you will need GZip installed to build AbiWord. If this turns
> out to be a problem, we can just stop compressing them at all, since
> AbiWord is distributed compressed anyway. Let me know what your opinions
> are.

Gratuitous change ... You can get a free tools for handling zip
formats easier for Windows platforms than gzip in my opinion.

http://www.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/

Thomas

> CVS:
> CVS: Enter Log. Lines beginning with `CVS:' are removed automatically
> CVS:
> CVS: Committing in .
> CVS:
> CVS: Modified Files:
> CVS: abi/src/Makefile
> CVS: Added Files:
> CVS: abidistfiles/dictionary/BigEndian32.american.hash.gz
> CVS: abidistfiles/dictionary/LittleEndian32.american.hash.gz
> CVS: Removed Files:
> CVS: abidistfiles/dictionary/BigEndian32.american.hash.zip
> CVS: abidistfiles/dictionary/LittleEndian32.american.hash.zip

Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher QNX Software Systems
thomasf@qnx.com Neutrino Development Group
(613)-591-0931 http://www.qnx.com/~thomasf