Re: Lists & bullets dialog box (was Re: Dialog Shots (fwd))

Subject: Re: Lists & bullets dialog box (was Re: Dialog Shots (fwd))
From: Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 14:58:03 CDT

On Fri, 21 Jul 2000, Joaquin Cuenca wrote:

> > I am very open to suggestions for a better looking
> > dialog. Feel free to be
> > opinionated!
>
> [WARNING: the following lines are inspired by
> Word...]
>
> Martin, I think that when the user selects the lists &
> bullets item in
> the toolbar, we don't must to show a dialog box, but
> only to create a
> list. To do that, we have to split the actual toolbar
> item in two
> different items (a `list' item and a `bullets' item)
> in order to know
> the desired list type.
>
> If the user wants to stop the actual list, he only has
> to start a new
> line and press backspace. For instance, if we have:
>
> * Line 1
> * Line 2|
>
> and the user wants to finish the actual list, he has
> to press [intro],
> and [backspace]
>
> * Line 1
> * Line 2 [intro pressed]
> * |
>
> -----------------------------------
>
> * Line 1
> * Line 2
> | [backspace pressed]
>
> (quickier than the actual method...)
>
> If the user wants to change the type of a list, or
> change the starting
> value, etc. he will have to select the "Lists &
> bullets..." item in
> the menubar (which will show the lists & bullets
> dialog box), and then
> change whatever he wants.
>
> What do you think, Martin?

This would have my vote as well ... especially if
we can get the promote/demote buttons to create
sublists and merge lists! I think that we will
also eventually need a list configuration dialog
to configure the behaviour of the lists though
eventually.

Thomas
Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher QNX Software Systems
thomasf@qnx.com Neutrino Development Group
(613)-591-0931 http://www.qnx.com/~thomasf