Lists & bullets dialog box (was Re: Dialog Shots (fwd))

Subject: Lists & bullets dialog box (was Re: Dialog Shots (fwd))
From: Joaquin Cuenca (e98cuenc@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 14:32:19 CDT

> I am very open to suggestions for a better looking
> dialog. Feel free to be
> opinionated!

 [WARNING: the following lines are inspired by
Word...]

Martin, I think that when the user selects the lists &
bullets item in
the toolbar, we don't must to show a dialog box, but
only to create a
list. To do that, we have to split the actual toolbar
item in two
different items (a `list' item and a `bullets' item)
in order to know
the desired list type.

If the user wants to stop the actual list, he only has
to start a new
line and press backspace. For instance, if we have:

        * Line 1
        * Line 2|

and the user wants to finish the actual list, he has
to press [intro],
and [backspace]

        * Line 1
        * Line 2 [intro pressed]
        * |

-----------------------------------

        * Line 1
        * Line 2
        | [backspace pressed]

(quickier than the actual method...)

If the user wants to change the type of a list, or
change the starting
value, etc. he will have to select the "Lists &
bullets..." item in
the menubar (which will show the lists & bullets
dialog box), and then
change whatever he wants.

What do you think, Martin?

Cheers,