Re: patch: background checks

Subject: Re: patch: background checks
bill-abisource@carpenter.ORG
Date: Tue Jul 25 2000 - 14:54:41 CDT

sam> This makes my version (even w/ realclean) very unhappy. It works
sam> the first time, but then turns off DebugFlash, kills lots of my
sam> prefs, and then won't start.

I figured out what's happening. Don't commit the patch I gave you.
I'll try to work up a fix for this tonight.

It turns out that it's not okay to have a preference variable that's
not in the _builtin_ set. The first time you ran it, it was OK
because you had set a value for DebugFlash. When you exited that
time, you had "Autosave Preferences" enabled, and it choked trying to
write things back out. If you quit instead of continue (or if the
continue killed AbiWord), then you didn't get all the preferences
written, including DebugFlash. So, next time it asserted on not
having a value asked for by the code that checks for DebugFlash.

I'll cook up some other scheme to turn on DebugFlash or just chuck it
out.