RE: UT_UCS_Bullet

Subject: RE: UT_UCS_Bullet
From: WJCarpenter (bill-abisource@carpenter.ORG)
Date: Wed Jul 26 2000 - 00:50:12 CDT

ms> What I mean is to ask: Is it possible output a Bullet glyph that matches
ms> the current font size if abi sees the unicode value that corresponds to
ms> UT_UCS_Bullet? The glyphs could come from the Standard Symbols fonts or
ms> anywhere else.

The way remapGlyphs() is implemented, it doesn't have the context to
do that. Not only couldn't it make a proper decision, it can't
feedback the info on the changes other than the character value. Of
course, it's possible to recode it to solve those problems, but it's
probably not the right tool for the job. (I originally imagined a
much more complicated scheme where remapping could be done for a
certain character in a certain font to a different character in the
same or a different font, but I thought it was too complicated for the
payoff.)