Re: Abiword help system

Subject: Re: Abiword help system
From: Tim LaDuca (mail@timl.org)
Date: Wed Jul 26 2000 - 21:40:07 CDT

Paul wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, john wrote:
>
> >I am setting up a learning center for absolute newbies. Would like to
> >let them use
> >Abiword. But since I cannot find any help or tutorials in release that I
> >have, I
> >don't think we can use Abiword.
> >Can someone suggest a way for people to learn Abiword?
> >tia
> >John
>
> I think that this is indeed something that needs attention. It could be a
> joined effort of people on the list here that already have some knowledge
> about AbiWord to put together some kind of user-reference. Perhaps even in
> a way that it is hooked together finally as a hypertext/website thing?
> Anyone want to join in with this? I can't spare a lot of time on this at
> the moment, but I would be game to set something up.
>
> Idea 1 (the HTML solution):
>
> Page 1: shows the top menu.
> Click an option on the "menu", which takes you to a new page where the
> clicked menu entry is explained.
>
> Idea 2 (Plain text):
>
> A walkthrough of writing a document, entirely written in AbiWord.
>
> Any givers, takers?
>
> Paul

OK, I'm confused, I thought I repled to this message bought I have no record
of it anymore.

So here goes again.

I would love to work on something like this, I thinkit's right up my alley,
it will give me something to do with Abiword while I'm learning about coding.

Problems:

1) AbiWord features are constantly changing so which version should
I document? Or do I just go with what's there noe and change it on the fly?

2) I like images! Can there be too many images?

3) I will probably have next to no time to give come fall semster(we'll see).

Can't think of any other problems right now, I like the hyperlinked HTML idea
though. Then there's the ever important help doc created as a .ABW file!

There was something else I said in my origional email but can't remember
what, oh well. Any feedback on the subject is much appreciated.

Cheers!
/TimL