Overwrite mode (was Re: I hope this question is in the right forum)

Subject: Overwrite mode (was Re: I hope this question is in the right forum)
From: Aaron Lehmann (aaronl@vitelus.com)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 21:09:34 CDT

Can we PLEASE disable the use of overwrite mode by default? It is very
annoying to people like me who wouldn't ever need to use it and turn it
on accidentally, but far more dangerously confusing to those who will be
supprised when all of a sudden their text starts being overwriten and they
have no idea how they turned it on or how they should turn it off.

Aaron Lehmann