Re: commit -- More #891 stuff (was Re: AbiWord Bug 891)

Subject: Re: commit -- More #891 stuff (was Re: AbiWord Bug 891)
From: Paul Egli (pegli@sourcegear.com)
Date: Wed Jun 07 2000 - 13:13:16 CDT

>Fix yet another issue relating to bug #873. I dream of a day when my code
>will be so great that Paul Egli will not be able to point out dozens of
problems
>in my simple fixes :).

I hereby sentence you to a lifetime of fixing AbiWord's top ruler. Oh, and
here's the steps to reproduce my next petty annoyance:

(1) Grab the right margin ruler triangle.
(2) Drag it left to the 6 inch mark (but do not release).
(3) Move the mouse down so that the triangle snaps back to its original
position.
(4) Move the mouse right until the pointer is past the right edge of the page.
(5) Move the mouse up until the pointer is directly to the right of the ruler.
(6) Release.

If you did this right, the cursor was moved to the 6 inch mark. Ideally,
on completion of step (5), the triangle would have moved over to the far
right. Even if not, the triangle should not have moved left after step (6).

Help! Help! I'm beginning to take pleasure in finding flaws in your ruler
routines. Oh, well: hopefully I will find greater pleasure in not being
able to break them. If not, I could always go in and add some ruler bugs!
That would make Shaw regret ever giving me commit access!! HAHAHA!!! ...
... ... Wait a minute! What am I saying?!?! Add bugs? ... Ah, so THAT's
what happened at Microsoft.

Keep up the good work, Aaron. I truly appreciate it.

-Paul Egli