Re: AbiWord 0.7.10

Subject: Re: AbiWord 0.7.10
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Fri Jun 16 2000 - 02:39:32 CDT

On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, Paul Rohr wrote:

> Correct. We've had a functioning modal word count dialog since February.
> Once the modeless changes got introduced on Unix, that broke the other
> platforms.

I pointed out this would happen well before the dialog went modeless on
Linux. I also asked if the lack of Windows wordcount would be a show
stopper for 0.7.10. I hope a windows programmer will step up to the
challenge of fixing it. It is a small change to give it's old
functionality. It will be more work to make it auto-updating like Unix.

I believe that we've now taken the attitude of let's make things work on
one platform coz it is not so hard to get them going on others.

Just to make things clear - I intend my next jobs to be to make
Find/replace/spell modeless on Unix and gnome. This will break these
dialogs on other platforms. If this is not a good idea please let me know.

The believe the changes to do this are very small. Much easier than
autoupdating "wordcount" but a windows programmer will have to fix them.

Cheers

Martin