Re: commit -- Bitmap Importer patch

Subject: Re: commit -- Bitmap Importer patch
From: Michael D. Pritchett (mpritchett@attglobal.net)
Date: Sun Jun 18 2000 - 04:01:07 CDT

> > (1) Whenever I import a BMP image on Linux, my terminal window that I
> > launched AbiWord from turns into some unreadable symbol font. This
might
> > be a bug in xterm for all I know. If someone knows what this, let me
know,
> > because I actually use that debug output (for asserts and whatnot) and
so
> > would like to avoid this if possible)
>
> This could happen if the patch makes AbiWord print some non-ascii text. It
> can confuse the terminal and cause it to output garbage. That might be
> something to look for in the code.
>
> Aaron Lehmann

Sounds like a good hint. As I don't currently have the Linux build
complete, I must make guesses as to where to look. It could possibly by the
'_write_png' function that is set by the 'png_set_write_fn' which overwrites
the libPNG stdout function. Perhaps this is the problem. A quick fix may
be to reset the write function prior to releasing it?

Hopefully, I'll complete and Linux build one day and investigate.

Cheers!

Michael D. Pritchett
newbie