Re: (Newbie) Win32 Builds using Make / Cygwin

Subject: Re: (Newbie) Win32 Builds using Make / Cygwin
From: Michael D. Pritchett (mpritchett@attglobal.net)
Date: Sun Jun 18 2000 - 03:46:32 CDT

> Thanks to many people (especially Jeremy Sheeley), I'm having some
> success in building AbiWord for VC++6 Win32 using the make files and
> Cygwin. (I'm also trying to build AbiWord using VC++6 project files
> sent to me by Mike Nordell and will provide a separate update on the
> status of that effort.)

> Followup: If someone knows how to build the .SBR and .BSC files, is
> there any reason we should not include this capability in the standard
> make files (for Win32 only)?

It is easily done from the MVC IDE. . Two checkboxes under the project
settings menu will build the files required. It is much more difficult to
do this from GNU Make files. MVC uses a separate program 'bscmake' to
generate the browse information. In my opinion, the benefits of such a
major change to the make system is minimal. (I've checked the browse info
under the IDE for me it provided minimal additional help)

Cheers!

Michael D. Pritchett