Re: Win32 word count dialog

Subject: Re: Win32 word count dialog
From: Tom Briggs (tom@sane.com)
Date: Mon Jun 19 2000 - 21:24:36 CDT

> Great Tom! I wish I could test it. Here is one test that caused me a a lot
> of grief before I got it worked out.
>
> Take a large document. Set "Auto-update" to every 0.1 seconds. Try
> openning and closing the dialog quickly. I found I had to put some
> handshaking code between closing the dialog and the function called by
> the timer to update the dialog otherwise I could easily crash abi. If you
> remove the dialog from the close command while the "update" is updating
> the wordcount you crash abi. The solution is some handshaking variables
> that does not delete wordcount until an update is complete as well as an
> accelerated "Do not update from now" variable.

   I "borrowed" heavily from your implementation of the word count dialog
for Unix. Thanks to you all that's already been done. :)

> Yes the goto, find and replace dialogs are quite straight forward. There
> are very few changes needed for those I'd guess. Can you put the document
> titles in the window decoration?

   By 'window decoration' I assume you mean in the title bar... and yeah,
I don't think that should be that hard. From the dialog standpoint
anyway. I'll have to poke around the abi source code for a while to find
out how to get the document title first. That'll be the hard part. :)

   -Tom