Re: Patch Prize winners

Subject: Re: Patch Prize winners
From: Robert Sievers (bob@abisource.com)
Date: Wed Jun 21 2000 - 22:37:19 CDT

At 01:04 PM 6/22/00 +1000, Martin Sevior wrote:
>On Wed, 21 Jun 2000, Robert Sievers wrote:
>
>> I can't believe you would ask that question. I do everything I possibly
>> can in AbiWord. If I find myself aching for a feature that isn't there, I
>> add it to the list of features that I think we need to do for a good 1.0.
>> It's awesome because I work on both Windows and Linux for my day job, and
>> it is the only reliable way to move formatted documents between the two
>> systems.
>>

>Ah, can you answer a question for me? You are just the person I need! Can
>you put a few standard symbols (bullets in particular) in a document in
>linux and open it in Windows (under Abi). Do you see the correct symbols?
>
>Can you then export to rtf and open it in windows as an rtf file? Do you
>see the symbols correctly?

Yea, this was on my list of things to do for tomorrow. Still, it's a good
thing you explicitly asked, because otherwise I probably would have let it
slip. Either Paul Egli or I will give this a thorough beating tomorrow
during the day North America time and let you know what happens.

Robert Sievers
Open Source Evangelist