"abiword' Software

Subject: "abiword' Software
From: Janet Casey (jcasey@gnu.org)
Date: Fri Jun 23 2000 - 11:49:16 CDT

Hello! My name is Janet Casey and I'm working for the Free Software
Foundation assembling a directory of free software world wide, which is
why I'm writing to this address.

This is the closest address we have to a maintainer for this
package. Can you take a quick look through the information I've
assembled to see if everything is correct and if there's anything I
should add? I'd appreciate it greatly. If this is not the correct
address, could you please forward it to the most appropriate person or
addess?

FYI- a short explanation of some of the fields.

Programs- any additional programs that come included with this one.
Interface- Command line, interactive, X windows, console
Support- listed only if it's something other than mailing list support
Repository- Any CVS repositories where the program is listed
Related- any GNU packages that might be of interest to users of this package
Use Requirements- Required for using the executable
Build Prereq.- Required for building this package
Weak Prereq.- Useful (but not mandatory) to install before building this one
Source Prereq.-
Packages whose source code must be present in order to build this package.

Please bear in mind that not all packages will have all the fields
filled in (in fact, I don't think we've run across any yet that have
all the fields filled in).

If there's anything you think should be added (particularly
individuals who have contributed) please e-mail me.

Thank you very much for your help!

%%name: AbiWord

%%short-description: Word processor from the desktop suite apps
developed under the AbiSource Project

%%full-description: AbiWord is a ful featured word processor that
works on Windows and most Unix Systems. Features include:

<pre>
        -basic character formatting
        -paragraph alignment
        -spell-check
        -import of Word97 and RTF documents
        -export to RTF, Text. HTML, and LaTeX formats
        -interactive ruler and tabs
        -styles
        -unlimited undo/redo
        -multiple column control
        -widow/orphan control
        -find/replace
        -images

%%category: word processing, editing

%%license: GPL

%%maintainer: AbiSource Project

%%updated: 19 Jun 2000

%%keywords: AbiSource, word processing, editing, editor

%%interface: X

%%programs:

%%GNU: no

%%web-page: http://www.abisource.com/

%%support:

%%doc:

%%developers: AbiSource Project

%%contributors:

%%sponsors:

%%source: http://www.abisource.com/dev_download.phtml

%%debian:

%%redhat:

%%repository: http://www.abisource.com/dev_download.phtml#cvs

%%related: Emacs

%%source-language: C

%%supported-languages:

%%use-requirements:

%%build-prerequisites: GTK+1.2, libpng, zlib, expat, wv, libiconv

%%weak-prerequisites:

%%source-prerequisites:

%%version: 0.7.10 beta released 15 June 2000

%%announce-list: abisource-announce@abisource.com

%%announce-news:

%%help-list: abiword-user@abisource.com

%%help-news: