Re: Scripting with Visual Basic Clone

Subject: Re: Scripting with Visual Basic Clone
From: Ash (gordonac@ocean.com.au)
Date: Thu Jun 29 2000 - 05:22:04 CDT

A number of people have voiced their opinion against using a VB or basic
clone for scripting purposes, but I don't really see why you could not use
other languages as well and just let the user use what they want. Certainly
basic isn't the best language but we should at least consider supporting
it's users. There are already a lot of people who are trained to use VB or
have macros in their documents that are coded in VB(ie. MS Word).
Personally, I'd like to see everyone scripting in Perl or something like
that, but that's pretty unrealistic.

Ash