More Files for Macintosh

Subject: More Files for Macintosh
From: Bryan Prusha (bryanp@wolfram.com)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 11:10:35 CST

        More Files is a package of Macintosh routines which simplifies
(among other things) conversion of the Macintosh FSSpec (Files System
Specification) to full pathname and back. They were developed by Jim
Luther of Apple Developer Technical Support. These are very useful tools
and I wouldn't think about starting any new Mac development without them.
They are freely downloadable and the author and "You may incorporate this
sample code into your applications without restriction". While it isn't
open under GPL, I don't believe there should be any legal issues with their
inclusion. As the first task at hand for getting AbiWord to launch on Mac
is getting the fullpath to the preferences directory, I'd appreciate it if
these 9 source files and their 11 corresponding headers could be included
in the cvs repository for the Mac build.

More Files can be downloaded in binhex format from
http://hyperarchive.lcs.mit.edu/HyperArchive/Archive/dev/more-files-149.hqx.

The important files are located within MoreFiles 1.4.9:Sources and
MoreFiles 1.4.9:C Headers.

     Bryan Prusha Wolfram Research, Inc.
          Coding is life. The rest is just 1's and 0's.