Re: segfault in ruler code

Subject: Re: segfault in ruler code
From: Aaron Lehmann (aaronl@vitelus.com)
Date: Wed Mar 08 2000 - 21:22:24 CST

Odd. I just checked out a fresh copy from CVS and built a non-debug build.
I can't reproduce this behavior (and I am running on Unix so it should be
the same code). Try checking out the full source again and making it from
scratch. If that does not work, please provide some more details about
your setup (GTK+ version? Compiler?).

The stack traces don't seem to relate to anything I ever touched in the
tree. The only way I can see that stuff to breaking without being touched
is if you are not running make clean. Mysterious indeed...

Good luck,
Aaron Lehmann

P.S. Why does Abi's build system require make cleans? Autoconf seems to
work fine when header files are changed. Does autoconf work on all of the
[non-MacOS] platforms you are targeting? I really don't like autoconf but
it really beats making clean every time you want to make a small change to
a header.