Re: Compiling Abi with bcc32

Subject: Re: Compiling Abi with bcc32
From: Jon Niehof (jnieho38@calvin.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 08:48:09 CST

> If you're looking for a free compiler for Windows, I'd
> highly suggest the GNU C Compiler, which is the portable
> optimizing compiler we use for most of our Unix builds.
> There are DOS and Win32 ports of GCC (somtimes called
> "DJGPP" on these platforms), and it's truly Free
> Software (source code included, not just a freebie
> binary).
Actually, although I'd recommend DJGPP for DOS, the
mingw32-based GCC's for Windows would be a better bet for
the Windows targets. See:
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/index.html

I have another page bookmarked at home which seemed closer
to being an "official" source; I'll dig it up and send it to
the list when I'm home.

Incidentally, mingw32/gcc is the semi-official compiler of
the D1X project (for Win32 targets; DJGPP for DOS and of
course gcc for Linux).

--Jon, N9RUJ jnieho38@calvin.edu www.calvin.edu/~jnieho38

Good luck, captain. I have a feeling you're about to go
where everyone has gone before. --Cmdr. S. Ivanova