Re: Framebuffer version of Abi ?

Subject: Re: Framebuffer version of Abi ?
From: Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 14:31:42 CST

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, Tom Ryan wrote:

> If there was a wxWindows port of AbiWord, I think it would be a
> good thing for AbiWord, for wxWindows and for the industry as a
> whole, since we can all be solving the same problems together,
> instead of fragmenting our efforts. It will take someone to step up
> to the plate to actually do the port, but it should not be
> discouraged, but promoted as something that is going to benefit
> this effort and others as well.

Tom, Paul,

  Stop this discussion now before it gets out of hand.
We've been through this before (just check the list
archives if you don't remember) and we all agreed that
a wxWindows port of AbiWord would be strongly desireable
(but so far no-one has done it ... ). However, Abi isn't
going to throw away it's existing work and jump
wholeheartedly to wxWindows (ie throw away their own
XP work) any time in the near future.

  I don't work for AbiSource or Scitech ... but I've
listened to what has been said in the past.

  Additionally I will once again say that I would be very
happy to work on a wxWindows port to Photon (and in
the past have volunteered help the BeOS) ... but I
need to have a word processor now.

Thomas ... all against flame wars
Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher QNX Software Systems
thomasf@qnx.com Neutrino Development Group
(613)-591-0931 http://www.qnx.com/~thomasf