Re: problem opening some word files

Subject: Re: problem opening some word files
From: Justin Bradford (justin@ukans.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 16:38:48 CST

> there's a couple of word files that I can't open, hanging up abi
> eating up all cpu it can. some of them I opened with one of the 0.7.x
> releases, but I don't remember which. ever since, I have a constantly
> fresh cvs build.

I suspect that this is some effect of the image import support I added
last month. I'll look into it as soon as I can.

> the error that abiword gives is:
> some lines of:
> wvWarning: There is no character run due to open but one should be, plugging the gap.

This one is harmless. It appears to be a common oddity of Word documents.

> and some lines like
> wvError: (picf.c:136) Old Graphic

I'm seeing this on a number of problem documents. I think I might be
feeding the image decoding functions in wv something that is not an image.

Justin