Re: Framebuffer port, again!

Subject: Re: Framebuffer port, again!
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 17:17:38 CST

On Wed, 22 Mar 2000, ArcadePreserv Center wrote:

> So, to get the GTK version of AbiWord to run on small (embedded ?) system,
> we need to port GDK to a non X-windows enviroment.

What timing! Aahron Lehman just submitted a patch to replace the few Xlib
calls in abi with gdk calls. I tried it and the patch works fine for me.
So now we "just" need a framebuffer version of gdk. I'm not competant to
do this. You might want to contact the good folks at www.gtk.org. No doubt
this thought has cross crossed their minds also and I'm sure they could
use some help :-)

Cheers

Martin