Visual C++ Standard or Professional?

Subject: Visual C++ Standard or Professional?
From: Elan (icimjs@loop.com)
Date: Mon Mar 27 2000 - 23:55:39 CST

Hi,

I understand that The MS Windows version requires Visual C++ 5.0. It's
mentioned that 6.0 should also work. Would this be 6.0 Standard Edition or
Professional? ( will need to purchase one or the other to be able to work
on AbiWord and the price difference is approx. $160 between upgrade
Professional and Standard Edition after rebate. Needless to say, I'd rather
go with the cheaper version, since I have no use for Visual C++ otherwise
(prefer to work with former Borland, no Inprice products).

TIA,