Re: libole2 (was Re: commit -- POW - Beginning the Binary ...)

Subject: Re: libole2 (was Re: commit -- POW - Beginning the Binary ...)
From: Justin Bradford (justin@ukans.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 30 2000 - 18:27:12 CST

> Are the type mismatches that bad, or will some casting macros take care of
> it?

No, they're trivial. Most of the needed GLib support is little macros and
typedefs. The only things of any substance are the GArray and GList
implementations.

> Even though we may all be building libole2 in different ways for different
> purposes, I really don't want to give up too soon on the ideal of sharing
> the *exact* same libole2 code between our various projects.

I imagine the easiest option would be to duplicate the little bit of Glib
we need inside wv/libole2/glib, as you suggested earlier. Then make the
build/link of code in that directory only occur when glib is not on the
system. This will allow wv to be portable beyond glib implementations,
too.

One could start with:
glib/glist.c
glib/garray.c
glib/glib.h

Cut everthing but the relevant macros, typedefs, structs and g_list_* and
g_array_* function declarations from glib.h

And then fake any remaining stuff with macros (locking, g_malloc, g_free,
etc).

Justin