Re: BUG 536

Subject: Re: BUG 536
From: Robert Sievers (bob@abisource.com)
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 08:43:41 CDT

At 03:57 PM 5/1/00 +0200, Harald Fernengel wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I looked at Bug #536 and found out that the reason of the crash lies
>in IE_Imp_RTF::ReadFontTable(). This function needs a rewrite to
>recognize information in subblocks and the font name itself
>properly.
>
>Alan De Smet posted a patch a while ago (04/19/00) which should
>solve the problem but it is only a quick workaround. My suggestion
>is to not apply Alan's patch but to rewrite the ReadFontTable()
>function (yes, I'll do it).
>
>Please let me know whether this is ok otherwise we have two two
>patches for ReadFontTable().

Whatever you and Alan decide is fine. Just let us know.

I am really glad you guys are looking into these. My guess is that a lot
of the RTF bugs in bugzilla are duplicates, I just haven't been able to
determine that for certain. Once you guys fix this one for good, I will
double check all the existing entries.

Robert Sievers
Open Source Evangelist