Re: focus

Subject: Re: focus
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Wed May 10 2000 - 20:46:42 CDT

On Thu, 11 May 2000, Mike Nordell wrote:

> The to-be-committed focus patch have one problem in Win32 that I think
> might also be present in X and the other platforms. It stops displaying
> the cursor when loading a document.
>
> In both ap_Win32Fram.cpp and ap_UnixFrame.cpp, _showDocument(), we have
>
> REPLACEP(m_pView, pView);
>
> If we replace that with
> {
> const AV_Focus prevFocus = m_pView ? m_pView->getFocus() :
> AV_FOCUS_NONE;
> REPLACEP(m_pView, pView);
> m_pView->setFocus(prevFocus);
> }
>

> I've tried it in Win32 and works as intended. I think it will also do for
> the other platforms.
> Comments/ideas?

I just tried this on unix. It compiled and worked fine. On the other hand
the old code seemed work too. Do you want to commit these focus changes?
There is no disagreement that we should commit now and put the onus on the
other platforms to fix theirs.

If your tree is in a mess I can do it but I can't test windows.

Cheers

Martin