Re: commit: Modeless dialog frame work and modeless "Insert Symbol"

Subject: Re: commit: Modeless dialog frame work and modeless "Insert Symbol"
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Thu May 18 2000 - 23:18:39 CDT

On Thu, 18 May 2000, Paul Egli wrote:

> The modeless "Insert Symbol" is great! I can have multiple documents open
> in AbiWord, each using the same "Insert Symbol" window. It inserts the
> symbol into the last active document. Awesome!
>
> Now If I only knew which document that was...
>
> It's really nice now that the cursor blinks only in the current active
> window. I propose that if the current active window is the "Insert Symbol"
> window, then the cursor of the last active document should blink (the one
> where the symbol will be inserted).
>
> Does anyone even agree? And could this feature be feasibly implemented?

Right now the cursor is only shown not blinking in the document that is
connected to "Insert Symbol". Thanks to hj great work in fixing the
one cursor problem it very easy to make it blink in the attached document
too. I thought about showing it this way first and would be happy to make
it blink if that is what is wanted. I'll make the change. When Mike's new
cursor code is implemented we can easily change the state of the cursor
depending on which modeless dialog has the focus. I don't know if that is
a useful feature but it would be easy to implement!

Cheers

Martin