Re: commit: Modeless dialog frame work and modeless "Insert Symbol"

Subject: Re: commit: Modeless dialog frame work and modeless "Insert Symbol"
From: Paul Egli (pegli@sourcegear.com)
Date: Thu May 18 2000 - 16:18:08 CDT

>Hi everyone,
> I just checked in the modeless framework and Modeless "Insert
>Symbol" for gtk. Lets see who can be first to implement it on Windows. I
>think Thomas has the QNX front end sown up :-).
>
>Please try to break this. I think it is solid but I would like to know of
>any problems.
>
>Enjoy :-)
>
>Martin

The modeless "Insert Symbol" is great! I can have multiple documents open
in AbiWord, each using the same "Insert Symbol" window. It inserts the
symbol into the last active document. Awesome!

Now If I only knew which document that was...

It's really nice now that the cursor blinks only in the current active
window. I propose that if the current active window is the "Insert Symbol"
window, then the cursor of the last active document should blink (the one
where the symbol will be inserted).

Does anyone even agree? And could this feature be feasibly implemented?

-Paul Egli