margin adjustment

Subject: margin adjustment
From: Frédéric Gobry (frederic.gobry@epfl.ch)
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 11:02:24 CDT

Hi,

I've started to provide support for AbiWord's file format into my
bibliography tool (http://www.gnome.org/pybliographer). For the moment, I
decided not to use advanced features like dynamic fields because I don't
have enough time to work on it. So I'll parse an abiword document, look for
specific tags defining bibliographic references in it and use these tags to
generate a new (or eventually a complementary) abiword file containing the
updated tags and the actual bibliography.

Here comes the problem. I've written a first module that can export to .abi
format. A bibliography looks like this:

[key] Author, Title,... blah blah ......
        blahh... blahhh..

[other] other entry... blah....

For this, I generate XML like this :

Abdennadher, Nabil, Gilbert Babin and Pierre Kuonen. Combining
Metacomputing and High Performance Computing.</p>

My problem is to find a good heuristic for the margin lengths... Would it be
possible to give the size in some sort of font-related unit, like em and ex
in LaTeX ? Or do you know another method to achieve the same effect ?

Thanks a lot for that promising software !

Frédéric