XAP_EncodingManager Question

Subject: XAP_EncodingManager Question
From: Dom Lachowicz (cinamod@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 12:07:53 CST

Vlad and others,

I have a question about the XAP_EncodingManager::getLanguageISOName()
function. Why does it always return "en"? I was thinking that it might be
better to return "en" if you're writing in an English-speaking locale, "ru"
for Russian, "de" for German, etc...

Perhaps there's another way to do what I want? Basically, in my new Pspell
code, I need to get the 2-letter or 4-letter description of the current
language. So I need "en" or "en_US" or "en-US" for American English, "de"
for German, etc... How might I go about getting this information from the
EncodingManager class without doing some ugly getenv("LANG") hack?

Also, I want to add some flexibility to the EncodingManager class, so that
it can dynamically switch Languages/Locales via some dialog's input. Do you
think that this is possible?

Any help is appreciated,
Dom