Re: 0.7.12 for Monday?

Subject: Re: 0.7.12 for Monday?
From: Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 07:42:37 CST

On Wed, 8 Nov 2000, Martin Sevior wrote:

> HI everyone,
> Should we shoot for a 0.7.12 release on Monday? I'll undebug
> lists, fields and tabs (if they're not already). I guess we would want to
> finsih off chinese support for 0.7.12 too. Is this feasable?
>
> In any case our new features include:
>
> WML import/export
> HTML import
> docbook import/export
> Russian support
> Chinese support
> tabs
> fields
> lists
> dynamic zoom
> gnome-print
> GAL for gnome build
> Non english spell checking on RedHat 7.0
> lots of bug fixes
>
> Have I left anything out? Are there any show stopper bugs?
>
> Thats more than enough for a release I think and Dom and I want to serious
> break the gnome build to get really cool features in place for the
> gnome-1.4 release. So lets this out to our users now.

I'm all for this ... it co-incides with the next planned
RTP (QNX/Photon) patch so it would time in well with that.

Still to be discussed is the future loss of SourceGear
as an AbiWord support hub (ie with the build farm,
cvs servers & cvs tools etc). I know that Sam had
at one point presented a different model for binary
releases (I think he did anyway) ... do we want to
take a dry run at this with the 0.7.12 release?

In addition to this, as a platform parity attempt, it
would be nice to have a small test matrix that people
testing the pre-release binary distributions could
check against to make sure that features aren't left
out. This would be a scaled/pruned down of the larger
system matrix which I think that Bob has for testing.
Even if we don't fix the discrepancies, they would
at least be highlighted for the next release.

Thoughts? Comments?

Thomas
Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher QNX Software Systems
thomasf@qnx.com Neutrino Development Group
(613)-591-0931 http://www.qnx.com/~thomasf