Re: Documentation Search Function

Subject: Re: Documentation Search Function
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 09 2000 - 06:34:36 CST

On Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 11:04:44PM +1100, Ashleigh Gordon wrote:
> Here is a html page to search the help. It uses javascript to do so. I have tested it on the IE5, Netscape 4.6(both windows and Linux) and Konquerer, and works on them all. Can someone commit this please? And someone will need to change the help menu so clicking on help search points to the help directory. Also I have a few questions:

Where do you want this committed? On the web page, in the help system?

> 1. Are we going to keep french and english help together. If we are, I'll link to the french images that show no french in them(eg. the undo button).

I don't know the answer. This is a decision we will have to make before 1.0

> 2. There was a suggestion a while ago that we save to *.doc format by just renaming the *.rtf filter. Is this going to happen?

No. This is dishonest, and will look bad. Also, we will eventually have a real word
exporter.

> 3. Is there someone I can email the updated help to, as it will probably be a small update to many of the files.

As long as the patch isn't *huge* you can post it to the list. Otherwise, send it
to patches@abisource.com

        sam th
        sam@uchicago.edu
        http://www.abisource.com/~sam/