AbiWord for QNX (was 0.7.12 for Monday?)

Subject: AbiWord for QNX (was 0.7.12 for Monday?)
From: Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Date: Thu Nov 09 2000 - 07:17:49 CST

On Thu, 9 Nov 2000, Sam TH wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 03:28:05PM +1100, Martin Sevior wrote:
> > An small memory word processor that can read and write WML has got to be
> > interesting to some of your customers, for example Palm :-)
>
> Before Thomas points this out, it should be noted that Palm uses the
> PalmOS (developed by Handspring, makers of the Visor), not QNX.
>
> However, QNX is used on the i-Opener, an "internet appliance". I would
> think them very interested in a quality word processor.

Correct ... though 3Com's Audrey is powered by Neutrino
and could conceivably run AbiWord "out of the box". The
i-Opener is powered by QNX4.

Just a reminder ... QNX isn't doing the development of
AbiWord, I am doing the development in my "spare" time
and happen to be a QNX employee. Anyone who downloads
the RTP (get.qnx.com) will also be able to do development
of AbiWord for Neutrino.

Thomas
Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher QNX Software Systems
thomasf@qnx.com Neutrino Development Group
(613)-591-0931 http://www.qnx.com/~thomasf