Re: MSWord import

Subject: Re: MSWord import
From: Vlad Harchev (hvv@hippo.ru)
Date: Fri Nov 10 2000 - 01:43:42 CST

On Fri, 10 Nov 2000, Martin Sevior wrote:

 Hi guys,

 I should say I import english and russian docs without any trouble on RH6.0
with yesterday's AW.
 But last time I saw text.c from wv I had impression that it wouldn't work on
RH7 correctly (leading to results you described).
 Are you both using RH7 now?

 If yes, all invocations of iconv() in text.c should be hacked to swap bytes
properly (if they are not already).

> On Thu, 9 Nov 2000, Dom Lachowicz wrote:
>
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I've encountered a show-stopper: MSWord docs no longer import for me. This
> > is *not* a bug in wv. I would know... wv still works fine, I've tested it
> > extensively tonight. All of the characters get re-mapped to question marks,
> > which happens to be the fallback char in XAP_EncodingManager.cpp. Will
> > someone please fix this?
> >

> Wow. I was just using Abi to read word documents on RedHat 6.2. It was
> great.
>

> This must be a iconv problem again :-(
>
> Martin

 Best regards,