Re: Segfault opening footer.abw

Subject: Re: Segfault opening footer.abw
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 13 2000 - 01:46:50 CST

On Sun, Nov 12, 2000 at 11:31:21PM -0500, Jonathan Turner wrote:

> I updated my source and tried to compile it... I can't seem to get past
> the final link... I keep getting
> errors like these:
>
> /usr/lib/libc.a(nsswitch.o)(.data+0x64): undefined reference to
> `_nss_files_getaliasent_r'
> /usr/lib/libc.a(nsswitch.o)(.data+0x6c): undefined reference to
> `_nss_files_endaliasent'

This means you have a debian unstable system, which hasn't been updated
in about a week. Recently, the nss libraries were spit off from glibc
in woody, but they have been put back in.

Or else you are running a brand-new, self-compiled version of glibc.

If the first guess is correct, just update your system. If the second,
more fixing will be needed. But these errors only affect the static
compilation anyway, so just set UNIX_CAN_BUILD_STATIC=0, and all should
be fine.

        sam th
        sam@uchicago.edu
        http://www.abisource.com/~sam/