Re: Release Critical Bugs

Subject: Re: Release Critical Bugs
From: Christopher Plymire (chrisjp@eudoramail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 16 2000 - 11:21:27 CST

At 10:48 PM 11/16/00 +1100, you wrote:

>On Wed, 15 Nov 2000, Christopher Plymire wrote:
>

>> >Can we get an estimated time for the QNX packaging and BeOS text flow bug
>> >fixes?
>> >
>> >It may not be worthwhile to hold up 0.7.12 for too long to fix the BeOS
>> >port.
>> >

>> I honestly can't give you an exact day/time, but it would help a lot if
>> someone would
>> provide some insight into which platform specific functions may be causing
>> the error.
>> (This has always been a problem, so it wasn't caused by anything added
>> recently.)
>>

>There is no platform specific code in the linebreaker code unless there is
>a timer associated with it. Can you give specific example of the problem
>again? Sorry I can't locate your previous description.

Basically what happens is that when entering text, copy & pasting text or
the word wrapping runs into the margin. The text in the document appears
properly (font / size etc..)
but runs beyond the extent of the document into the background.

This then causes the view to be drawn improperly, which eventually leads to
a crash.

>Can you tell us when the problem first appeared?

It has been in the BeOS build since I started working on it, so, at least 2
months.

>I'll help any way I can.
Thanks.

Take Care,