Re[2]: Release Critical Bugs

Subject: Re[2]: Release Critical Bugs
From: hashao (hashao@china.com)
Date: Thu Nov 16 2000 - 20:15:11 CST

Hello Christopher,

On Friday, November 17, 2000, Christopher Plymire wrote:

>>> I honestly can't give you an exact day/time, but it would help a lot if
>>> someone would
>>> provide some insight into which platform specific functions may be causing
>>> the error.
>>> (This has always been a problem, so it wasn't caused by anything added
>>> recently.)
>>>

>>There is no platform specific code in the linebreaker code unless there is
>>a timer associated with it. Can you give specific example of the problem
>>again? Sorry I can't locate your previous description.

CP> Basically what happens is that when entering text, copy & pasting text or
CP> the word wrapping runs into the margin. The text in the document appears
CP> properly (font / size etc..)
CP> but runs beyond the extent of the document into the background.

CP> This then causes the view to be drawn improperly, which eventually leads to
CP> a crash.

This bug exists in unix build too. If you import a big word .doc file
or .rtf file, and you are using a debug version of abiword, after a
lot of 'yes', the file will be imported with lines extends beyond
margins. Abiword will simply crash if load that file in a build
without DEBUG being turned on.

A example is the word6 format document from the famous wotis.org (?).

--
Best regards,
 hashao                            mailto:hashao@china.com.n.s.pam