Re: lists stuff

Subject: Re: lists stuff
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Sat Nov 25 2000 - 18:37:37 CST

On Sat, 25 Nov 2000, Joaquin Cuenca Abela wrote:

> sorry, but I've been offline one day (this uni. server
> really sucks...)
>
> it seems that finally the list dialog will be in debug
> mode, and I'm just wondering what's the plan right now
> (I just have a too big pile of emails to read... :)
Just quickly. The dialog is debugged. The toolbars will be enabled.
I'll commit at of fixes to fix all the 1st order multiple view bugs.

> redesign of the ui?

Of these I would go for this. With some small changes to UI and some big
cleanups to the code. We can keep lots of what we've already got.
> change to a modal dialog?
> rewrite the dialog?
> leave the dialog in its actual state?
>
> has somebody taken a look at the word dialog? I
> really thinks that it *rocks*... anybody has found any
> fundamental flaw in this dialog? why we don't take
> directly the word dialog box and we copy it?

The word dialog does not allow all the cool features we allow.

> cheers,
>
> P.S.: it's really a pity to lost a so important
> feature in the last minute (specially if we take in
> account all the work that Martin has put in this
> feature), but I think that it has been a savvy
> decision. Abi has to loose that reputation of "buggy
> application".

It will get done eventually (rather quickly I think). The UI improvements
suggested by Thomas and Mike will make our dialog really cool.

Cheers

Martin