Re: Tree Branched

Subject: Re: Tree Branched
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 01:41:11 CST

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, Sam TH wrote:

> The tree has now officially branched, and is open for commits again.
> People should begin building packages and binaries for their favorite
> platforms. To do this, use the source on the branch labeled
> release-version-0-7-12 .

Just for my own amusement I've made diff's between 0.7.11 and 0.7.12
for abi/src and wv then ran the following little unix pipe to count the
number of changed lines in the source code.

 cat wv-11-12.diff | grep "+" | wc -l
  16437
cat abi-11-12.diff | grep "+" | wc -l
  49657

ie 66,000 lines of code changed since 0.7.11 (just over 2 months ago) and
I believe 0.7.12 is considerabally more stable than 0.7.11. I don't know
how this measures up against a commericial development team but abi looks
like a high momentum project to me :-)

Cheers

Martin