Re: Tree Branched

Subject: Re: Tree Branched
From: Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 07:11:59 CST

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, Sam TH wrote:

> The tree has now officially branched, and is open for commits again.
> People should begin building packages and binaries for their favorite
> platforms. To do this, use the source on the branch labeled
> release-version-0-7-12 . =20
>
> Binaries should be submitted according to the guidelines laid out in
> my previous RFC, available at=20
> http://www.abisource.com/mailinglists/abiword-dev/00/September/0233.html

I think that you should be a little more explicit about the build
instructions to maintain integrity between all of the releases.
My additional suggestions would be to include step by step
instructions for a _clean_ build:

1) Check out and build the source to a new clean location
ie in unix style:
        % mkdir abirelease
        % cd abirelease
        # Assuming you have your CVSROOT or -d options set properly
        % cvs co -r release-version-0-7-12 <your components>

NOTE: Only abi and wv seem to have the branch tag
      release-version-0-7-12. We are missing tags on the
      the following dirs:
                expat, libiconv, abidistfiles, zlib, libpng

         % cd abi
         % make distribution ABI_BUILD_VERSION=0.7.12 <your format>

2) Then take the md5 sum (post the source to an md5 check sum
   source code in C that can be compiled if your system doesn't
   have one ... or put source in cvs tree to check out).

> The trunk of the the CVS tree is now open for any sort of commit. The
> release branch is closed for everyone but me. If there is a
> compilation issue, or a very serious regression, I will consider a
> patch. =20

Please tag the above directories so that I can make a release
for the QNX platform which is baselined off the same components
as everyone else.

Thanks,

Thomas
Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher QNX Software Systems
thomasf@qnx.com Neutrino Development Group
(613)-591-0931 http://www.qnx.com/~thomasf