Question on centerDialog

Subject: Question on centerDialog
From: Dom Lachowicz (cinamod@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 13:09:21 CDT

Hi everyone,

I've been curious for a while about why (at least) the gtk/gnome port has
"centerDialog on parent" calls. To the best of my knowledge, this should be
left up to the window manager(Sawfish,E,KWM,etc) and its settings. What I
think we do want to do is set it as a transient window instead. And if you
do that, you'll get a nice little Abiword icon in your Gnome/Kde taskbar
too, which is always nice. In Sawfish (for example), you can say "Always
center transients on parent window" which is what I think our intended
behavior should be instead of being stubborn about things.

So would anyone mind/complain if I changed this and just made centerDialog
calls do gtk_window_set_transient_for and maybe #if 0'd out the existing
(kind-of complex) code? (maybe also needed: gtk_widget_set_parent)

Dom