Re: Font weirdness

Subject: Re: Font weirdness
From: David Schmitz (david@ecsd.com)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 21:11:51 CDT

Martin Sevior wrote:

> This is very interesting. The way Zoom works is to change the point size
> of fonts. It might be that some of your accented characters are not
> present at small font sizes but are at large font sizes. However that
> would not explain why the printing works. This part of the code has been
> under very heavy development recently. Can you check out a CVS version
> of Abi and see if the problem persists? Also can you tell us if "Insert
> Symbol" shows the accented characters correctly and if they get inserted
> correctly?

To start off, this is all with the latest CVS version. I did an update
just before I fired off the original email as a precaution against
making much ado about nothing.

The Insert Symbol give me the same funky characters where all the
special characters would be, but when I do an insert of them, they show
up correctly (at the high zoom/pt. size or when printing)
http://www.ecsd.com/~david/ins_dia.png

At first, I thought it may be a badly hinted font, but in the Gnome Font
Selector, the glyphs show up nicely at small sizes
(http://www.ecsd.com/~david/gtk_font.png) and in gv.

--
David Schmitz
Please allow me to introduce myself: