Re: Spell Checking

Subject: Re: Spell Checking
From: Martin Vermeer (mv@liisa.pp.fi)
Date: Sun Sep 03 2000 - 10:11:16 CDT

On Sat, Sep 02, 2000 at 04:37:22PM +0200, Henrik Berg wrote:
> Hi! I'm alive, but not very active. Life, marriage, work, etc getting in the way.
>
> Some things about how spellchecking is working. Or should work, or was working when I left it.
>
> To test different dictionaries add SpellCheckWordList="svenska.hash" into the system.profile file. There is no automatic detection and/or switch between dictionaries. I didn't add that since I think that it should be possible to spellcheck different languages inside one document. If we don't want that now it is easy to add a deafult dictionary name to the language files.
>
> I use the following in my system.profile file to test different files.
>
> <SystemDefaults
> xSpellCheckWordList="american.hash"
> SpellCheckWordList="svenska.hash"
> zSpellCheckWordList="german.hash"
> ySpellCheckWordList="francais.hash"
> />

Sorry... put a finnish.hash from ispell into the same directory
as american.hash, edited system.profile to include it:

<SystemDefaults
xSpellCheckWordlist="american.hash"
SpellCheckWordlist="finnish.hash"
/>

, but it's just like it's not there. This is for abisuite-0.7.10 on Linux,
so I'm not sure it is relevant still. But I don't get CVS compiled. Somebody
else could try.

[...]

--
Martin Vermeer mv@liisa.pp.fi